script> Africa Moto: Color Inspiration: Indigo blue

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Color Inspiration: Indigo blue

















I'm finding myself drawn to indigo blue lately as I work on product development for Sunbird Collection. I should share something personal with you...blue is my favorite color. Indigo blue is such a big part of traditional textiles here in Mali, and a number of ethnic groups such as the Tuareg, Dogon and Bobo use indigo for dyeing, weaving and crafting. I couldn't resist sharing these finds with you.  Hope you enjoy!

(via Le Ndomo, Tensira, ABC Home, Hand Eye, Aboubakar Fofana)

3 comments :

  1. Hi Shingayi,
    I found your blog via the BYW E-course. Good job. Its good to see blogs featuring designs and art from Africa ...the continent has been a bit neglected in this regard. I'll be visiting your blog again.

    Ada,
    http://metricontinental.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely blog!! the prints and the color is awesome!! so cool and relaxing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ada- thaks! wasn't that just a great e-class. it gave me the push that I needed to get back to working on this blog and sharing my passion for African design. I really believe it has so much potential..
    @ Purnia- thanks! I totally agree it is such a relaxing color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...