script> Africa Moto: Shop Love: Mahatsara

Friday, May 13, 2011

Shop Love: Mahatsara













I discovered Mahatsara, a Paris-based boutique filled with charming ethical and fair trade products from southern Africa. I spent some time browsing their lovely product mix for homewares, fashion accessories and gifts: from colorful soft toys and fun luggage tags to lovely cushions, rustic baskets and beautiful ceramics. The boutique was created by Catherine de La Poype, Christophe HillĂ© and Pierre-Emmanuel Chartron, who are all passionate about Africa, sustainable development and contemporary design. Above are some of my favorites, that I would love to have in my home. Don't you just love the embroidered bears? I think they would make such wonderful baby gifts? You can find out more here.

3 comments :

  1. Hi Shingayi. Lovely to see two of my friends merchandise here. I am passionate about SA craft and visit Cape Town where I stay with Binky Newman of Design Afrika (the big baskets in the photos)each January. I sell lovely jewellery and bags in my shop ... have a look at my website and maybe come and visit me. Kind rgds/Beverly
    www.beverlysmart.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great site especially for tourist like minded individuals like my self. Hey Shingayi!! You are making Africa proud. You go girl. Two thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet Chofor, thanks, really glad you like it. I'm just trying to do my part, and share the beauty of the continent, and hopefully more people are inspired to travel there.

    @Beverly, I realize that I didn't tell you how much I love your shop, and SA craft.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...