script> Africa Moto: Interiors: Kim Hersov

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Interiors: Kim Hersov

Yesterday my husband finally made the move from Mali and brought with him the rest of my stash of African print fabric and some of my artwork that I left when we made the mad dash out of Bamako. You should have seem my smile while I was thinking about all the possibilities for the fabric while watching the election returns. Fabric, politics and husband back home, what a day, what a day!

So my traditional bogolan, indigo and wax print fabric had me thinking about mixing in our contemporary furniture and art with African texture and prints inspired by the home of Harper's Bazaar UK's editor-at-large Kim Hersov in this month's Harper's Bazaar UK that I am currently reading.

The Notting Hill, London townhouse of Kim Hersov was designed by her friend London-based South African interior designer Hubert Zandberg. Zandberg  designed the eclectic home mixing textiles and art from Africa and India with flea market finds and contemporary art. I love this house, it's so well executed.

        African wax print cushions on the floor and framed African fabric on the wall

      Love the handwoven throw pillows and color of the ethnic print throw



 African headrest and chair with the wax print throw pillows and animal print table







      Isn't this tub just a dream, also love the shower and tiles below.


                                                              Images: Elle Decor

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...