Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Accessories Love: Ndau Collection

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe based Ndau Collection is an accessories brand that I totally love. I was introduced to the brand by one of the designers, Christie Brookstein and have followed her and co-designer Christie Halstead's progress since. Their statement jewelry is bold, well-crafted and edgy. The label employs skilled artisans to produce designs inspired by African culture, history and design and works to preserve traditional techniques. Ndau Collection is also a socially responsible business. The designers initiated a Ruoko Project  a craft incubator at Elephant's Walk that provides space, training, support and promotion to talented local Zimbabwean artists. Pretty cool stuff! Below are some of my favorite pieces...








I was so excited to hear that they are headed to the MAGIC, the major tradeshow for fashion and accessories brands. I wish them the best and can't wait to see them stocked in some really cool boutiques here. Head over to their website to see more!

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for this great post on us - I had the great pleasure of finding it in my Inbox a few minutes ago. We appreciate the love and will make you proud at MAGIC! The Ndau Collection team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this collection on Elephant's Walk in Victoria Falls, the pieces are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...