script> Africa Moto: Art: Mali before the coup

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Art: Mali before the coup

I was in Cincinnati, Ohio recently for my  husband's cousin's wedding. It was a great family reunion and such a beautiful wedding. The post wedding brunch was at the 21C Museum Hotel in downtown Cincinnati. For anyone planning a wedding in Cincinnati, I highly recommend it. The food was great and so was the artwork.   I was looking at some pictures from Malian photographer Malick Sidibe exhibited at the museum and was transported back to Mali before the coup.  I was reminded of the Recontres de Bamako , the biennial photography festival of African artists that ran from November 1, 2011 to January 1, 2012. The theme of the exhibition was "Pour un monde durable" (for a sustainable world). Here are some of the pictures I took from the exhibit at the Musee National. I've posted mainly the pictures of the archived black and white photos of Malian culture in the 1960s and the mosque architecture of Djenne and Timbuktu.



















No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...